If you’re feeling sad, lonely, or defeated here are a few suggestions that may help you regain a spirit of peace, grace, hope, or joy:
- Talk to someone trustworthy about how you feel.
- Think of one tiny step you can take toward a goal and do it.
- ENGAGE IN A FUN ACTIVITY you enjoy. It could be as simple as baking cookies or painting your toenails.
- Read a funny book and LAUGH OUT LOUD.
- Revisit fun childhood songs and SING OUT LOUD.
- Take a walk with your camera or cell phone and CAPTURE IMAGES that make you feel happy.
- Write a gratitude list, past and present.
- Stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eyes, and say, “God made me glorious therefore I am glorious,” until you BELIEVE IT. Repeat daily every time you feel sad, lonely, or defeated.
- Shake your booty … DANCE TO UPBEAT MUSIC.
ABOUT THIS POST: After receiving tragic news, I couldn’t focus. So I wrote this post hoping to reach out to others who may need a nudge to live their best life. Sometimes, it just takes knowing you’re not alone. When I finished writing, I was surprised by the turnabout results: My spirits had lifted.
So, I thought I’d share one last suggestion, one you’ve probably been told to do or read about. But oftentimes, the pain is so heavy you can’t get past it. Or you don’t believe anything will help.
Well, I’m here to tell you this does help:
Do something for someone else.
It doesn’t have to be big. You can do it right from your home or workplace.
Give a compliment. Email an uplifting quote.
Use your cell phone and send a funny face.
Then, embrace a spirit of peace, grace, hope, and joy.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Tell us what helps you.